Last Updated: 8/16/2018
Please also review the Terms of Service of the Site which are located at https://buildup.co/terms(the “Terms”). Terms capitalized but not defined herein have the meaning given to them in the Terms.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide when you create an account or when you purchase our Services or download the Application. Such information can include your name, email address, address, telephone number, role in your company or on a specific project, and other contact information. We also collect other information that you may provide or input through the Services, such as materials, data or documents you input or upload, or answers that you may provide to any surveys or questions on the Site.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as when you perform actions in the Application, when you open issues and assign them to other users on your team, when you close open issues in order to provide relevant reports, progress updates, and notifications to you, and your website activity to provide you with better customer service.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. With your consent, we may also collect information from your device’s camera and microphone to help you better use the mobile application and communicate with your team.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you and other information internally – for example, to provide you with purchased services, to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to make the product more useful for you and for our other customers. We also use information about you to:
- Assign issues and tasks to others on your project;
- Track and log user activity for project status update and performance purposes;
- Allow you to communicate with others on your project;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Buildup, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Buildup and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate promotions and our referral program and deliver referral rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other members of your project team including general contractors, developers, subcontractors, and consultants, together with whom you work and use the Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Buildup or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Buildup and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you but could potentially be used to identify your device. For example, we may share aggregated data about how people use our Services or we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Users Around the Globe
Buildup is based in the United States of America and also processes and stores information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that information about you receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of information about you.
Legal Basis for Processing
- We need to use information about you to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you such as to process payments for and provide the Services you have requested;
- We have a legitimate interest in processing information about you. For example, we may process information about you to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Sites and Services;
- We need to process information about you to comply with our legal obligations;
- We may process information about you with your consent, which you may revoke at any time (see the “Your Choices” section below)
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
You may review, update, correct or delete the information provided in your registration or that you otherwise provided to us contacting us at [email protected] Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails or by contacting us with your request at [email protected] If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Device Content on the Application
With your consent, we may access information on your mobile device such as your camera or your microphone. You can always withdraw such access by going into your device settings and removing the Application’s access to that functionality. Please note that if you enable access and then remove that access, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services and of certain features of the Application.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected] or call or mail us at:
Buildup Technologies, Inc.
325 Lytton Ave, Suite 150
Palo Alto, CA 94301
+1 (650) 335-8258